MG ZT-T, got no clutch

paulr600sdi
Bolt Twiddler

MG ZT-T, got no clutch

Post by paulr600sdi »

Hi all, bought an MG ZT-T cdti 135+ a few days ago now and after driving it for a bit I realised it was getting harder to select gears in any order. A friend of mine mentioned that it was a common fault on the 75 and in formed me of the location of the clutch fluid filler cap. Then this morning to no suprise I couldn't get any gears!

So to start, the clutch filler can be found under the dash above the clutch pedal itself I used a flat head screw driver to start undoing the cap (can be tight). Then inside there's is a bung preventing you filling her up so needs to be removed (I found that out after losing a bit of fluid) :? Please note that it is very tight to get to so a squeezy bottle and some piping or syringe would make it so so much easier!

Then more than likely you'll have to bless the system no hard at all! Bleed nipple can be found poking out of the gearbox in plain sight as your lookin at it under the bonnet. It'll have a 13mm collar and 8mm bleed screw

You'll need to place a rag around the filler cause you will spill a bit and also a rag under the bleed nipple.

Top up filler and pump pedal once the fill up again and repeat till fluid runs clear (mine was filthy!)

Tighten bleed nipple back up then replace filler cap and job done! I think I've mentioned everything, long winded. But hopefully it works for other people like it did for me!

Could save you an expensive garage bill, also i hope i haven't writen all this if someone else has :oops:
If i'm not back in five minutes...... Just wait longer!

(Jim Carey, Ace Ventura)
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: MG ZT-T, got no clutch

Post by E_T_V »

Just remember to keep an eye on it as failure of the slave cylinder means fluid slowly leaks out. To change the slave you need to remove the gearbox.
paulr600sdi
Bolt Twiddler

Re: MG ZT-T, got no clutch

Post by paulr600sdi »

Nice one E_T_V, gonna be gettin it checked out but for now its still goin good. No signs dots of oil on ground but could be losing it as I'm driving it!
If i'm not back in five minutes...... Just wait longer!

(Jim Carey, Ace Ventura)
FrankJScott
Spanner Twirler

Useful Product Site

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Excellent Product Info e3_595d
FrankJScott
Spanner Twirler

New Product Blog

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Useful Product Website 5effade
FrankJScott