hi

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.
nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

hi

Post by nicko500s »

hi guys

i bought a rover 45 spirit s diesel 02 plate with 122k on the clock from a friend as i was struggeling with fuel costs on my merc s500 and my other car a heavily modified range rover classic needs a new block (leaking liners).
so i have spent a good few hours looking at the forums, exelent advise i have leared a great deal.
i had the car 2 days and i was not impressed it was boring to be honest, it went ok but not fun like the old rover 200 turbo diesels we had wen i was in car rental 10 years ago.
having read about the MAF problems i thought it would be worth a check, having no tool to remove the MAF i used mole grips to remove the screws and the MAF was covered in oil so i cleaned it with carb cleaner also i washed out the intercooler as well and a few pipes. refitted everthing and test drove it.
i was impressed it was much better almost fun to drive! so today i removed the cat and center pipe and removed the innereds of the cat, it took a while but went well.
the exhaust has been rubbing on the rear o/s break pipe in two places so i bent them out of the way.
test drive, wow much better loads of power up to almost 5k and great fun to drive!
almost as much fun as my old 800 vitesse! and i had spent thousands on that!
exhaust now knocks at idle so will have to check again.

unlike the vitesse and specialy the range rover the mod parts are so cheep so i will be looking to change the intercooler hoses asap top one has oil all over it so its no good.
so tomorrow im thinking of tinkering with the actuator!
i love V8 engins but this dieael is so much fun i love the tourque!

very useful info on this site but how do i contact you to order parts?

Nicko
Disgusted
Bolt Twiddler

Re: hi

Post by Disgusted »

Hi Nicko,

Welcome to the site, it's good to hear you're enjoying the car :D

Parts are still available through (ex) MG Rover dealers, motor factors, ebay or local breakers.

regards
Pete
nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

Post by nicko500s »

hi Pete
thanks for the reply

i was talking about the mod parts advertised on this site under performance, how can i order them please?

Nicko
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

From the performance parts section
DonnyDiesel aka Mark has developed a wide range of performance parts for rover diesels and I'm pleased to showcase them here. To purchase any of them then please contact Mark directly.

All items are custom made to order so please contact Mark to determine delivery timescales.

donnydiesel400@hotmail.co.uk
I don't make any of the parts (but I run the site). The lad who makes these parts (mark) has helped me out with stuff an I find his stuff works well and of a reasonable price so I advertise it for him

Drop him an e-mail if you need anything and he'll sort it out.
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

MAF sensors are common failures. One easy way to dignose is to unplug the electical connector from it.

If the low rev performance increases a lot then the MAF sensor is past its best.

With the MAF sensor unplugged the engine won't rev past about 3,800 rpm so the high rev performance will be lower.

If the car will not rev past 4k with or without the sensor plugged in then the sensor is definatly faulty and the ECU is recognising it as such.

If there is no performance difference at low revs with the sensor unplugged or plugged in but the high rev performance changes (gets worse with the sensor unplugged), then the sensor is working properly,
FrankJScott
Spanner Twirler

Top Rated Product Tips

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Top Product Blog 52487_5
FrankJScott
Spanner Twirler

Awesome Product Info

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Great Product Website ce42352
FrankJScott
Spanner Twirler