Honda Civic L Series 2.0iTD Non I/cooled

johocomo

Honda Civic L Series 2.0iTD Non I/cooled

Post by johocomo »

Hi there,
I have a 98 Civic 2.0iTD non intercooled (which is the Rover L series unit ) and have done a few of the tweaks suggested ( increased fuel flow, boost compensator and turbo wastegate etc ) which i have to say has certainly improved things. The problem i now have is that it seems to get up to around 90 mph quite acceptably ........... and then that`s it really ????????? Would have hoped for at least a ton and would be more than happy with that. I had a Pug 306 D turbo before, and that would do 110 and cruise at around 90 all day. I accept that Pugs are made out of paper and that the Honda is heavier and better built, but 90 seems to be hard work. What sort of top end should i expect ? and any suggestions as where to start . As I say it seems to be pretty punchy all the way up to 75-80 but then seems to run out of legs !
:( :(
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: Honda Civic L Series 2.0iTD Non I/cooled

Post by E_T_V »

What mods have you made to the fuelling? What boost level are you running and is there any smoke when running at full throttle?

It could be that although you've increased the fuelling low down in the rev range you haven't got enough fuel high up in the revs meaning that progress on the motorway will be slow although the car will feel a lot better around town. The intercooled models in rover top out at about 115mph. When tweaked they'll easily exceed this but they are limited by revs.
A tweaked non intercooled model is roughly equivilent in performance to a standard intercooled model, so you should be seeing better figures than you are giving.

If you have a look at my tuning description then that might give you a few pointers.

http://www.roverdiesel.co.uk/menumappin ... uning.html

Otherwise if you are near sheffield then I can have a poke around under the bonnet if you want.
James

Post by James »

My 400 non intercooled used to happily do the ton ans then go to 110 in a relaxed yet progressive fashion :D
Dakta

Post by Dakta »

When my SD suffered restricted throttle, and pulled a measly 70hp on the dyno, I could still reach a comfortable 70+ on the motorway.

So I think there must be quite a few non-ic cars out there with problems! :o