Hi to all!

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.
paulr600sdi
Bolt Twiddler

Hi to all!

Post by paulr600sdi »

just a quick hello,

it wasn't till i had problems with my current rover that i stumbled across this forum, i used to be a pure petrol head but seeing what you guys have been doing with your diesels! i'm converted! i've had a few rovers and apart from the MG Maestro i had, the diesels have come out on top, unfortunatley my 620 sdi is feelin a bit limp! but thanks to E_T_V and others i should be able to get the old dog pulling properly again! if not, i feel another one on its way!

cheers!
If i'm not back in five minutes...... Just wait longer!

(Jim Carey, Ace Ventura)
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: Hi to all!

Post by E_T_V »

Howdo.

I'm also a closet maestro owner too. (Perhaps I shouldn't admit that in public eh?!)

3 maestros currently, The MG turbo, the 1.3 petrol plod car and my 2.0 L series van.

Then there is the 220 Gti turbo and the 600 Di.

Wow that makes me 80% turbocharged!

Welcome to the place.
p_b82

Post by p_b82 »

I would say you are bit more than a closet Maestro fan there E_T_V ;)
paulr600sdi
Bolt Twiddler

Post by paulr600sdi »

he he! my maestro wasn't the turbo but it went like stink! had another that was a 1.3 and a couple k series ( teeth dryer!) a 420 gsi which i raped! (ended up in the scrap yard!) a 220 sdi which the gear box blu up! and my current aint bad appart from the hearing aid biege interior! ( yummy)

(Jim Carey, Ace Ventura)
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

I know the feeling. My interior is also like being stuck inside a sandstorm!

Dark blue exterior (white primer so stone chips show up a treat), and a sandstorm interior..

Lovely!

Still it has worn pretty well for the milage.
paulr600sdi
Bolt Twiddler

Post by paulr600sdi »

mine isn't to bad and its comin upt 150k on a "95", somethin wrong with my seat tho! feels like my ass is draggin on the floor! not to bothered bout it till i get this power problem sorted, got new fuel and air filter to fit today, had intercooler hoses off, they're good. turbo seems to be boosting late and it stops pulling at 3/3500 rpm almost like its in 'limp' mode? brake lights are working, next on list is crank shaft sensor. would any electrical fault put the L series diesel into limp mode?

(Jim Carey, Ace Ventura)
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

If the boost is too high then the engine cuts the power (usually happens flat out in the higher gears as boost needs to be over 19psi for 2+ seconds).

It still runs but it just reduces the performance all of a sudden.

If there are fault codes stored then these can be read (see bit on the website on it).

When the power loss occurs is there any smoke?