Solution To Headlift?

p_b82

Re: Solution To Headlift?

Post by p_b82 »

I think i get what you are describing just just want to double check.... ( i am feeling really quite slow this week, dammed tree pollen)

from the EGR plate connect a long piece of brake pipe (or something similar) that you can then push fit normal boost hose onto the end... via a hole in the plate.

Get a boost gauge and plumb it into the end of the pipework.... either into cabin for on the road check, or short length (but coiled to give greater surface area to reduce thermal load) if a static test is an option (rolling road etc)

give it beans and read the pressures recorded.

If we see anything in the region of upto 1-1.5bar (14-22PSI) then we have found our root cause...

When those figures can be gathered then work on dumping the gases, either via a wastegate setup to be lower or equal to 14PSI so it opens and ditches some of the gases or via the EGR, but with a small software module to operate it at the various pressures.

If after 200miles or so no repeat of coolant issues then 'Robert is your Mother's Brother' and plumb the bypass pipe into normal exhaust somewhere behind the turbo.... (or leave it there and tidy tings up a bit depending on personal preferences)

Now you made me actually think about it (told me how to really), it is not as complicated as i first envisioned to get the readings, and only a minor amount of pipework needed to do the rest really...

Only real dilemma is will the car be up to getting the readings with the HG in is apparent compromised state lol

thanks
FrankJScott
Spanner Twirler

New Product Blog

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Useful Product Tips cf2ce42
FrankJScott
Spanner Twirler

High Rated Product Blog

Post by FrankJScott »

Please try Google before asking about Great Product Site 99c570c
FrankJScott