SDI INJECTORS

nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

SDI INJECTORS

Post by nicko500s »

i have read on here that the SDI injectors give better performance on the L series engine, how do you remove the old injectors, are they a straight swap, is fuel economy effected, how much should i expect to spend?
do you advise doing any other mods at the same time?

current mods to this vehicle are removed cat thing, 1.4 bar of boost, cone air filter.
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: SDI INJECTORS

Post by E_T_V »

Only applicable to the 25/45/zr/zs diesels of course.

On a standard 101 mapped car
Smoke is increased.
Power is increased
Torque is increased
Fuel comsumption is increased a little ~2-3mpg if driven enthusiastically.

On a 115 mapped car then it'll give a lot of smoke, too much for most people.

Injectors can be a pain to remove, or they can be easy. There seems to be no real reason as to which are which.
Persistance is the key if you don't have a slide hammer to attach to them.
nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

Post by nicko500s »

my car is a 45 spirit i think its is 115bhp model
i just got a price for new standard injecters, £788+ vat!!!!! from rover dealer. euro car parts are £200 each!! so cleaning is the only way forward for me, there is an engineering firm near me that does them so i will go there, having said that as they where working fine in the old engine is it worth spending money on cleaning?
i was advised that my money would be better spent on having the turbo checked for damage and wear.
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

nicko500s wrote:my car is a 45 spirit i think its is 115bhp model
i just got a price for new standard injecters, £788+ vat!!!!! from rover dealer. euro car parts are £200 each!! so cleaning is the only way forward for me, there is an engineering firm near me that does them so i will go there, having said that as they where working fine in the old engine is it worth spending money on cleaning?
i was advised that my money would be better spent on having the turbo checked for damage and wear.

Unless your car has a sticker on the drivers door stating what power output it is then chances are it is the lower power model. Most are and the 115 was only an option on the late cars.

Most people will get a set of used Di injectors and put them in. Some people will clean them first.
A used set of injectors is typically £10-£60 and can add 20-30bhp.
nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

Post by nicko500s »

hmm for £60 sounds like its worth a try, i dont suppose you have any or know where i can get some cleaned used ones from?
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

I often have them. I have a set at the moment, but 2 people have made enquiries so far this week. I charge £50 plus postage for an ultrasonically cleaned set.
nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

Post by nicko500s »

hi ETV

so i can just put them in as a diret replacment no other work needs to be done? i understand they may smoke a bit? my car is standard bhp, decat with cone air filter so should be ok?
ill take them if you still have them, let me know the details i.e price inc delivery and how you would like me to pay.

thanks

Paul
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

nicko500s wrote:hi ETV

so i can just put them in as a diret replacment no other work needs to be done? i understand they may smoke a bit? my car is standard bhp, decat with cone air filter so should be ok?
ill take them if you still have them, let me know the details i.e price inc delivery and how you would like me to pay.

thanks

Paul
If you have the standard 101bhp map then yes simply fit and you'll get about an extra 20-30bhp. (check the boost level after fitting them as it often increases).

Someone has said they'll come over to pick up a set from me, but I'll have a look around as I'm sure I've got another set somewhere.
nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

Post by nicko500s »

ok, thanks ETV let me know when you find them and we go from there

Paul
nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

Post by nicko500s »

sorry if it seems im going on but i want to be sure i have this right.

i should have said my car is 45, 02 plate so its intercooled, its a spirit s not zr or zs version.

are the DI injectors still ok for this car?

at a later date could i add the synergy box thing? are they compatable?

if the DI injectors are still ok for my car i intend to get them first as a cheaper mod, did you manage to find any yet?