Non rover question

Kieranm105
Spanner Twirler

Non rover question

Post by Kieranm105 »

I have a Seat Altea XL 2.0tdi (140bhp) that keeps cutting out when setting off in 1st gear. I have had the mechanic I use look at this when he did the timing and service a few weeks ago, but there were no signs of leaks, pipes off or error codes on the VAGcom program. It also didn't do it when he drove it, but then he doesn't use it all the time so only knows how it drives on the day. To stop the cutting out you have to give it loads of revs in 1st then change to 2nd quickly otherwise it cuts out (not stalling). The timing is correct as it would popup an error code, all the filters and oil are new and correct.
There was a boost pipe off when he serviced it and he put that back on, so unless the previous owners had that off to correct this unknown fault I'm not sure. It didn't run overly well before but never cut out!
Just not sure where to look at the minute??
Any ideas welcome, Kieran
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: Non rover question

Post by E_T_V »

I'm not up on my modern stuff so it is worth asking on a Seat or related forum incase it is a common issue.

If it has started after the work has been done I'd be checking the parts installed and also that no connections have been knocked loose. It isn't unknown for a new part to be faulty.
Kieranm105
Spanner Twirler

Post by Kieranm105 »

Thanks, I've posted on the Seat forum i'm on but not had any replies.
Kieranm105
Spanner Twirler

Post by Kieranm105 »

Emailed Seat UK and they have opened a case on this now.
Kieranm105
Spanner Twirler

Post by Kieranm105 »

Sorted it all out now. Unfortunatley the car was 'just out of warranty sir' and it has also 'just passed the good will warranty period' as well! Funny that once they had found out that it needed a new turbo!!
Oh and I also havn't been loyal to the Seat brand as I have had 2 services else where, but as my local Seat Dealer charges £90 an hour without any parts then its no surprise there!!
So after 2 weeks of them messing about I had to pay £1400 for th eparts and labour on a new tubo, the car now runs like new and is using all its 140 horses now. :)