600 sdi reaching jerking and lumpy!!!

drspong

600 sdi reaching jerking and lumpy!!!

Post by drspong »

Hi all

Not long got a 600 Sdi in really good nick it was my dads company car for years and he liked it so much refused a new car every time he was up for one!!! Its had a full rover service history (its an s reg).

I have had it a few months and recently it has started to jolt at speed like there's a blockage or problem getting fuel to the engine, I did give it some welly one day when overtaking and there was a cloud of black smoke and after about half a mile the jolting and shuddering started, it stopped for a few weeks and then came back.

I replaced the fuel filter and air filter and followed the correct installation procedure for the fuel filter, unfortunately it's running worse than ever and I don't know what to try next. I am skint until the end of April so if there's an easy fix that doesn't involve a big bill I would be grateful for any advice.

It only does it on acceleration not when idling it doesn't cut out but the engine light does come on when it does start to jerk and reach. Not sure if there is crap in the tank there shouldn't be really as it had a new tank 4 or 5 years ago.

Many thanks
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: 600 sdi reaching jerking and lumpy!!!

Post by E_T_V »

It could be a number of things. If the jerkyness is under light throttle openings/cruising then it is probably an EGR fault.

If you read the codes the number will probably point you in the right direction though. All you need is a paperclip

http://www.roverdiesel.co.uk/index.php/ ... ault-codes