L-Series Freelander

E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: L-Series Freelander

Post by E_T_V »

The MAF sensor doesn't really do a lot on the VP37 pump equipped models (such as the freelander).

Try pumping the priming bulb till it goes hard first before starting. If starting improves then you have an air leak into the fuel system (usually the priming bulb itself but can be any part of the fuel system).
Kieranm105
Spanner Twirler

Post by Kieranm105 »

nicko500s wrote:ah, ok so the vcu is like a center diff lock, my range rover classic has that but i dont think they work the same?

there is a page in here i think that tells you how to repair the starter, assuming its the same as whats in the rovers?

what is that rolled up behind the lights on the roof rack?
There isn't a low box on the freelanders. The thing behind the lights is a tarpaulin that the guy I bought the roof rack from had on, I think he used it to put over the windscreen when he was hunting as he used to lay on the roof rack while shooting.

ETV - I will try that as the pump is right at the top easy to get to. Are there any sensors that I should change from having the turbo blowing? Any that may have oil on them when they shouldn't? I've got a few of the easy to do ones that are cheap (IAT and oil pressure switch). I was thinking about the MAP and oil temperature ones too??
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

To be honest the turbo blowing won't cause any issue to any of the sensors.

You can probably read the fault code using the paperclip method to see if the ECU thinks there is a fault with anything.