Hi from Germany

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.
Smitty_Works

Hi from Germany

Post by Smitty_Works »

Hi

The name is Smitty and I am an American soldier stationed in Germany for a few years. Always wanted a Civic Aerodeck and finally got one. I wanted the 2.0 TD for the MPG. Some members on civic5.com and MG-Rover.org told me about this forum in regards to getting information on maintenance, engine, and turbo specs. I was told the members here are very knowledgeable in regards to these.

It's a 1999 VSM 2.0 TD Aerodeck wagon. Some small scratches, like 2 dime size dents, and very little rust. Will need to do some fresh'ing up of the interior and some basic maintenance as well. Its basically a Honda vehicle with the Rover engine.

Engine specs:
Rover L-Series Diesel
Allied Signal GT15 turbo, intercooler
SOHC

I hope to get some great input on what can be done to this engine platform. As my experience is with only Honda based platforms using petrol.
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: Hi from Germany

Post by E_T_V »

Hi and welcome. The civic uses the same engine version as the 200/400/600 intercooled versions, i.e. the one with the VP37 pump. Not as easy to tune as the later VP30 pump versions but a LOT more reliable. Without changing any components you can get to around 130bhp.