hi from belgium!

Introduce yourself here, a bit about you and your interests.
karpent

Re: hi from belgium!

Post by karpent »

ok i will see how the car will be after injectors and boost @19psi.

if the remap is really needed , i will ask them what they can bring me and i will ask some people i know here in belgium.

thank you for all advices :D

Nico
karpent

Post by karpent »

Hi Dan ,

this morning I was cleaning my airfilter and by the way my maf sensor.
i saw that it was a Pierburgh 7.22701.05.0 (i bought it 3 years ago and done 100.000 km wihtout prob)

when i check the ref on the net, i see that the recommended maf is the 7.22701.09.0

do u think i have to change my maf for a "090"?

will it really improve my carburation?

thx,
Nico
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

To be honest I don't know.

What I do know however is that originally peirburgh didn't do a MAF that was suitable for our cars. However rover-ron made a electronic box of tricks (called a MAFAM) which altered the signal to make it suitable.

Pierburgh since released a suitable MAF as a direct replacement for the standard bosch one.

I'd try to find out what the difference in characteristics are between the two sensors. It may be there is no real difference, or it may be better to have one or the other.

It is also possible that the sensor itself is identical and it is just the housing that is different for the different parts.

For example the cheapest wayto source a genuine bosch MAF sensor is to buy one from a vauxhal (opel) astra and swap it into the existing rover housing. The sensor itself is the same but obviously the part number is different as the part number also includes the housing too.

I'm not sure if peirburgh have a technical support address to e-mail but perhaps worth a look as I'm afraid I've no idea.

If you are having a bespoke remap at any point then so long as it is mapped to your maf sensor then which type of sensor won't make any real difference. Indeed it is possible to remap the car not to use the MAF sensor at all (as they aren't the most reliable of things).
karpent

Post by karpent »

thx once again for your answer.

as it works well now, i'm gonna leave it like that it and i'll do a mafless remap when injectors will be changed

rgds,
Nicolas