High clutch pedal 45 TD

mach1rob

High clutch pedal 45 TD

Post by mach1rob »

My clutch pedal is sitting a fair bit higher than the brake and throttle pedal. Being hydraulic I can see no way to adjust it, and the workshop manual is no help at all, any one have any ideas?
E_T_V
Site Admin

Re: High clutch pedal 45 TD

Post by E_T_V »

There is an adjustment however you are told not to adjust it!. It is on the rod that is on the end of the pedal.

You must ensure that there is still some free play at the end of the clutch cylinder as it needs to return to the end of its travel to allow fluid from the reservoir to enter it.

You can also adjust the position of the brake pedal by adjusting the stop on the pedal again making sure that the hydraulic cylinder can return to its end position for the same reasons as above.

The throttle pedal should always be lower than the clutch and brake pedals for safety reasons.

If you jump on all the pedals at once or miss your footing then you hit the brakes and clutch first rather than the accelerator.

You can bend the accelerator pedal slightly to reduce the distance though, and someone may have bent it the opposite way previously.
mach1rob

Post by mach1rob »

Cheers Dan, the brake and throttle are in the normal positions I'd expect them to be in and no different from any other Rover I've had, it's just the clutch sits a good inch or so higher, and is really annoying in stop start town work.

I assume it's pop off the clip remove pedal from rod and screw rod in? It had a new clutch put in by Mr Clutch before I bought it, so I was tempted to take it to one of their places to sort it, but I'm not convinced by their first effort.
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

I can't remember the details but I think it is fairly obvious once you are lying upside down in the seat with your legs akimbo! Just make sure that there is some free play left between the clutch and the mastercylinder as otherwise it won't refil properly which would be a bad thing!
nicko500s
Spanner Twirler

Post by nicko500s »

i also have a high clutch pedal i was concerned it maybe a sign of the clutch on its way out?
E_T_V
Site Admin

Post by E_T_V »

The 400/45 (and 600 too) use a hydraulic clutch so the bite point has very little to do with the amount of clutch life remaining.